Job Title: IT Manager Operations and Business
Reports to: VP and General Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
About Little Canada
Our vision is to entertain our guests with a magical journey of discovery through Canada in miniature, that will be amazing, exciting and meaningful for all ages. Our mission is
to evoke a sense of wonder and curiosity about Canada.
Little Canada is an immersive, high detailed and animated journey through Canada in miniature. This permanent attraction will open in 2020 in the heart of downtown Toronto, in 45,000 square feet of indoor space at 10 Dundas East, opposite Yonge-Dundas Square. Our goal is to be a top 10 attraction in the GTA, with anticipated attendance of over 500,000 guests per year.
Our Big 5 Values and what they look like for this role:
1. We create to amaze! – the astonishment of our guests is our inspiration
You ensure all aspects of the operation are working to support the guest experience 24/7.
2. We’re naturally curious – we’re eager to learn
You are constantly looking for better ways for IT to serve the business and our guests.
3. We are family – we support each other
You demonstrate this in the compassion and empathy you share for the team. You know more than just their names; you make a point of learning who they are and build a shared passion for Little Canada.
4. We’re better together – we bring out the extraordinary in each other
You inspire the team to rely on each other and consider we can be more successful when we work together.
5. We’re serious about fun – like any self-respecting Canadian, we don’t take ourselves too seriously
You embrace opportunities to infuse a sense of fun into the Little Canada project.
The IT Manager plans, implements and maintains the IT infrastructure, hardware and software that supports the business processes of Little Canada and its Guest-facing interactions. The role is responsible for all telecommunication equipment and infrastructure, business systems, ticketing and access control, CCTV and security systems and on-line platforms. The IT Manager maintains an accurate inventory of all equipment in use on-site and issued to employees. He/she works with Little Canada Leadership to establish standards and best practices and then supports the agreed approaches in short-term and long-term business cycles. The role ensures resources are available to support various needs and manages budgets and schedules to ensure timely response to problems.
Before opening to the public:
- Work with leadership to specify, procure and implement IT needs for guest-facing and business operations.
- Participate in design of infrastructure to support all requirements
- Lead implementation of all agreed plans
- Establish systems and processes for maintaining effective tracking/inventory of software and hardware
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Guest Operations leaders to set up and manage ticketing system for in-person and on-line transactions
- Participate in specification and implementation of on-line platforms to ensure 24/7 effectiveness
- Coordinate with all vendors for testing, commissioning & training
After opening to the public:
- Maintain all POS systems, access control and other guest-facing technology relating to ticket purchasing and other transactions to ensure 24/7 reliability
- Continue to collaborate closely with Marketing and Guest Operations leaders to set up and manage ticketing system for in-person and on-line transactions
- Ensure 24/7 reliability of Security systems including CCTV, access control and other related systems
- Ensure infrastructure, software and technology supporting business administration are serving the needs of the business
- Oversee all telecoms infrastructure, suppliers and equipment including land-lines and mobile phones
- Provide trouble-shooting and problem-solving support for business software (Microsoft 365), ticketing system (TBD), security system (TBD) and other related platforms
- Maintain the agreed system for tracking and inventory of hardware and software licenses/subscriptions to ensure smooth business and guest operations
- Stay current on developments that could impact or benefit the business and operation
- Leverage opportunities for collaboration with the Show Manager and Destinations Build Tech Team
- Embody the values of Little Canada
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business IT or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 + years experience as a Systems Administrator, responsible for multiple business systems, experience working in an attraction preferred
- Experience in planning and executing installation of a new attraction, exhibit or similar complex project
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering on implementation schedules and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain external supplier resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office software, past work in a comparable office environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport and work collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills; able to plan and deliver against project scopes and maintain accurate control of all systems and equipment
- This role is based initially at Little Canada’s pilot site in Mississauga. The role will move to Little Canada’s permanent site at 10 Dundas East in Toronto, in the first half of 2020. Significant time and travel will be required between the two sites until opening in 2020.
- Office work will require long period of sitting
- During daily operations the role will be very active and hands-on, moving between levels and areas of the facility to monitor systems and interact with colleagues
- Weekend work will be required to meet project deadlines and maintain systems during regular operation